Wednesday, November 3, 2010

In My Heart, All the Time

I shared my goal with my husband about 2 weeks ago. I was going to be working back into the habit of memorizing Scripture and he was the one who inspired me to choose the Psalm I am learning.

"What would serve you the best? What passage do you need in your heart all the time?"

A prayer begging forgiveness.

A prayer for a clean beginning washed with Christ's blood.

We sin fresh each day and each day (sometimes many times) we must be wiped clean.

The passage I need all the time? Psalm 51.



I spend the first minutes of my morning with this piece of the Word, and through the day I revisit, tasting these words again.



Ann Voskamp invites us to write about our memory work. You can read more at A Holy Experience.

1 comment:

  1. I've been spending some time with your "Mama in Progress" posts. This post is short and simple but very much the one I needed. I love, love, love how certain kinds of wisdom come easily to husbands! What yours said, that you relay, here, is inspirational to me. I have been reading about some other women's work in memorizing books of the Bible. That seems overwhelming to me! But I think--after reading this post--I might really like to memorize Psalm 3. Have you heard the Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir sing it? ("Thou Oh Lord": it's on youtube.) Thank you so much for this, and blessings to you and yours...

    ReplyDelete

Please add your thoughts to the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...