Monday, July 8, 2013

Touring


I've been spinning every day for Tour de Fleece and today is day 10! Technically today is a rest day (as it is on the Tour de France) but my goal has been so low that I'm still planning to spin today.


My goal for the tour has been to spin for at least 15 minutes every day and longer if possible, working specifically on consistency and gaining more experience. I have only had to stick with 15 minutes twice so far, and other days I've been able to spin far longer in short bursts. I'm always concerned about making sure not to stress my arms so if I spin for longer I try to stop every half hour and do something else for a bit- get up and get a drink, wash dishes, switch laundry- *something* to keep from developing pain from the repetitive motions of spinning.


I thought I'd share some of my progress pictures with you from the last 10 days. Overall I feel like consistency is coming more easily and in general I'm spinning through fiber faster now. I'm not needing to park and draft very often after I get going and that feels like a huge success on its own!







The color of the fiber is closest to reality in the last picture- more of a mulberry red than a brick red.


I don't have a lot of fiber left, but that just means that I can move on to another bit of fiber I have and come back to these singles to ply them in a week or two. After the kids got to bed last night I spent my time while spinning watching plying videos since I have only plied 2 or 3 times before.


On to more spinning today! (after the library, and groceries and all that jazz...)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your thoughts to the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...