Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Yarn Along: Little Cardigan

{Yarning Along with Ginny}


I finished knitting the gray shawl I was working on last week and I moved on to working on another little cardigan for Ellie that she can wear this fall, and maybe even next spring depending on how fast this little girl grows.



I'm almost through the yoke and then I have to really plan how I want the striping to work. I'm have a general idea of what I want, but sometimes my mental plans don't work out as well as I think in reality. Feel free to suggest striping plans in comments. I'm planning thin stripes emphasizing the purple over the blue and leaning toward the simple side of things.


Truthfully I'm not knitting very much over the past week because most of my crafting time is going into spinning for Tour de Fleece, but I still want to make progress on this cardigan around my TdF participation. My aim has been to spin for at least 15 minutes a day and I've gotten close to an hour each day so far.


It took a little longer than I had anticipated to finish Game of Thrones so I'm just in the first chapter or so of Ready Player One. Maybe I'll find a little more reading time this week!

7 comments:

  1. I have been thinking about picking up Game of Thrones. I have heard so many people talk about how much they love it, and love the series as well. I am not one for watching that kind of show, but I love that type of book, so we will see! The cardi looks like it will be lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The show is pretty graphic but mostly true to the book. I can handle that much better in fantasy novels than actually seeing it on screen.

      Delete
  2. nice! do show us how you finished it! I think your idea of the thin stripes is nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, I'm coming across lots of people doing tdf this time. I'm so tempted to go on a spinning course.
    From the thumbnail of your picture it looked like you were knitting something with spikes on the back but it's your quilt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh- do spin! I took a class just this past February and I'm still very much a beginner. I've been spinning regularly since then and every day for the last week or so and it seems like every session sees a little improvement. I'm getting a lot of consistency now.

      LOL about the spikes- I didn't notice that at all when I was editing the photo!

      Delete
  4. oooh, i love that blue. love to see how it all stripes up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do balanced stripes so let's day 2blue, 4purple, 2blue, 2white, 2blue, 4purple, and then 2blue. I like to do odd numbers. If the blue and purple look icky together space them out with 2 white rows. I'm sure what you pick will be lovely!!

    ReplyDelete

Please add your thoughts to the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...