Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Yarn Along: A Little Hat



{Knit Along with Ginny}


Knitting has been slow this week. There's a long story I'd rather not tell, but the short version is that I bruised my left hand in stellar fashion and while I can use it when I need to, it's still really sore. It's a good thing I'm out of the music studio for this month for a scheduled break.


I knit a little purple February Baby Sweater for my newest niece not long ago and it's been sitting finished for a bit, just waiting for a little hat to join it. I finally cast the hat on in the last day or two using the lace pattern from the February Baby Sweater. It doesn't look like much yet, but I'll be able to finish it in the next chunk of time I get and hopefully have a finished set to show next week.


{This has proven to be a difficult color for me to photograph. Any tricks for purples?}


I'm also still working on the Doctor Who Kernel and Ellie's Cardigan, but just not making much progress because of this pesky hand.


I finished the last bit of Ready Player One by Ernest Cline and now I'm hunting for a quick read or two since I've read some bigger things in the last few months. My brain needs something a little lighter. I looked around on my library's website for a long time last night trying to hunt down a new book, but nothing sounded great. Perhaps I'll find something while looking around during the yarn along.

2 comments:

  1. I hope your hand heals and however you hurt it I hope it doesn't happen again. Take it easy and I bet it will be good as new in no time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear your hand is in pain, I do hope it gets better soon, that can't be easy.
    No tricks for the photo-taking, sorry, I usually just wing it :)
    x
    Natalie
    Marigolds' Loft

    ReplyDelete

Please add your thoughts to the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...