Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Yarn Interviews, Part 2



More yarn to share today, along with potential projects.






This is a red lace weight, though it's actually a much richer wine colored red than shows up here. I had the hardest time photographing this color accurately, and this was as close as I could get to the true color. I have about 1300 yards of this red, and I bought with the intention of it becoming a shawl someday. I'm open to suggestions for it though, if you have any to offer.






This is a Claudia Handpaint that I bought with the intention of fingerless mitts to wear in the studio in the winter. I really love the colorway, but the pattern will be key to making the yarn work well.  Pooling in general bothers me, so I haven't been quick to cast on- I want to find just the right thing, but haven't found anything yet. Unless something amazing pops up in my search today, I doubt this yarn will be going with me, even though I love the colorway so much.


At this point I'm leaning toward taking the Regia for socks as a back up plan in case project A doesn't go as desired. But, what is Project A going to be?


Still no idea...

Thoughts for either of the lace weights:





1 comment:

  1. each and every shawl is a great project, too bad you cannot knit all three!! Red is a hard color to capture as is purple!!

    ReplyDelete

Please add your thoughts to the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...